Hi Guys,

I am trying to get my head around product status in OFBiz and its probably because I dont understand the logic behind OFBiz enough that I am not getting it so your help would be most gratefully received!

I am used to ecommerce systems where a product is in the simplest terms either "active" or "disabled" and this controls if the product is on the website or not. Sometimes in the past we have expanded this function to include a status like "clearing stock" to show everyone not to reorder a product because we are about to discontinue it. What I dont understand is how to achieve the same from within OFBiz as it does not seem to have a master product status.

I did find that a specific inventory item has a status id for on hold or defective but this wouldn't stop a new requirement being generated in the system would it?

Thanks for the help
Sam