Jacques Le Roux wrote:
From: "Christopher Snow" <sno...@snowconsulting.co.uk>
[Snip]
For this you need a good understanding of the overall system, for which there is no documentation except the universal data models.

Wrong, from an OFBiz technical POV: http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/x/MoBr
See  AdvancedFrameworkTranscription20060824.pdf in attachment
This document is as important to me as the Silvertson's data model. It's free and open (see .doc)!
Related http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/x/I4Br

If you want to have a quick grasp, the Pack book is good enough (even if based on R4.0). I was a reviewer, and I know well Ruppert, who actually wrote the book. Jonathon gave up, but as he began he got to keep his name 1st.

HTH