Hi Matt,

On Feb 8, 2010, at 4:40 AM, Matt Warnock wrote:

> This is precisely where the huge learning curve is the impediment.  I
> know my business, but I don't know OFBiz, so even the most basic
> gap/overlap analysis requires hiring an OFBiz expert (if I can find one)
> and then I have to educate them on my business.

this is definitely a critical phase of every ERP project; you have to know both
sides if you want to join them in a good way.
But since OFBiz applications are (mostly) based on generic and universal
concepts, if your business is a
Unfortunately most of the time people think that the processes of their own
company represent a good template of universal processes, but this is not true
and they are very specific (of the industry or even company), and they cannot
find the same processes in OFBiz they get confused.
That said, I agree that much more can be done on the OFBiz side to make it more
user friendly and understandable, while keeping it enough generic/universal.
Really, a lot can be done to improve OFBiz, and a lot has beed done already in
the past. But we have to improve this.

Kind regards,

Jacopo