For those looking at these the first time, the best file to choose is the
"AllDiagramsAndTOC_20081030.pdf" file.

After reviewing these files we might want to move the PDF files to a cwiki page
and attach them to it, and eliminate them from SVN (they are rather large, and
being binary files can't benefit from revision management). I may also go ahead
and remove the eomodeld files since they aren't all that useful any more, and
are also fairly large (lots of files anyway).

I'll be doing this soon in order to avoid all of these files ending up on the
web site on the next update.

Answers inline...

On Feb 8, 2010, at 10:44 PM, Babu Sreekanth wrote:

> Ruppert,
>   thanks for the documents. To update them, is it possible to post a quick
> writeup in wiki on
>
> 1. how to get (updated) emodeled files from ofbiz

In the WebTools app there is a screen to export eomodeld files for different
entity groups (ie based on the records in the EntityGroup and related entities).

> 2. how to know the changes in data model from the creation of those files,
> and how to manually incorporate the changes

There is no use in manually changing the eomodeld files, and I wouldn't
recommend creating new diagrams based on them either... it would be an ENORMOUS
amount of work. The finished diagrams you see are the result of hundreds of
hours of work (if I were to guess I'd say about 500 hours).

> 3. software necessary for transformation into pdf documents in different
> platforms

As I explained in an earlier message software for the eomodeld files only
exists in Mac OS X machines (AFAIK anyway). The problem we used for creating
these diagrams is called "OmniGraffle". The .graffle files that are needed to
change these diagrams are in SVN, in the site/ofbiz_datamodel/graffle_diagrams
directory.

-David