On Feb 18, 2010, at 6:46 PM, Ruth Hoffman wrote:

>> If someone wants to just replace the logo image then they can create a file
>> with their logo in the GIF format and then replace the ofbizLogo.gif file
>> with it.
>>
> I think that is what he did. Bravo for Goran. Most new users won't take the
> time to try and figure out where that file is. It certainly isn't obvious at
> first blush where it might be and where the replacement goes. Why not provide
> an upload link in the CM to do just this? The Catalog Manager is an amazing
> application with tremendous potential. Why are you so set against making it
> all it can be?

That sounds fine. There is nothing stopping you or anyone else from developing
such a thing.

>> That's not too hard, is it?
>>
>> For a really simplified ecommerce app IMO we should create a separate webapp
>> that really is meant to be configured and used as-is rather than being meant
>> to be customized.
>>
> I think you missed the point David. This worked before and was a really good
> demonstration of how the CM can be used to manage a store. Not how hard or
> easy it is to change screens around.  We don't need a new webapp. We need the
> original stuff working the way it was originally intended to work.

What is the "CM"?

About the other, sorry, I don't agree with your design approach and I'm
guessing others won't either. I wasn't really involved in the design or
development of the theme-based ecommerce configuration, but I do think it is a
dramatic improvement over what was there before.

-David