On Feb 18, 2010, at 6:46 PM, Ruth Hoffman wrote:

> IMO...
>
> David E Jones wrote:
>> The target for the ecommerce templates is not to be used completely as-is,
>> it is meant to be inclusive because it is easier to disable things and
>> comment them out than it is to dig up details to add things in. For the
>> visual L&F you need to know some basic CSS in order to modify the CSS file.
>> Is that really too much to ask?
>>

> Yes. Maybe the new user is a Java developer and not CSS knowledgeable. Not to
> say they can't become knowledgeable, but why make it harder than it has to
> be. This worked before. IMO, it was left out of 9.04 as an oversight and not
> for any technical reason. Therefore, it is a regression introduced when
> someone changed the UI  without first understanding what was there before the
> change was made.

I'm not sure where you got this impression. If you have something to site about
it, please do.

The reality is that this was an intentional change as part of the theme
functionality in the ecommerce app, which greatly increases the configurability
and flexibility of the templates. Maybe you should look into them...

-David