My grandfather taught me that word to mouth is the best advertising.
I have found that to be true through my life.
It s a lot slower than mass media but more stable.

In this environment, I found the best is to let people get to know me by
answering questions freely.

I also believe in putting links where appropriate.
as you note I have a tag that search engines pick up and I track where
my hits from come from, that and the clients I get, have supported this
method for years.

I use two tracker both free.
http://awstats.sourceforge.net/
which reads the website logs and gives charts and data
http://www.xav.com/scripts/axs/
which creates it own log and give by page data.

BJ Freeman
http://bjfreeman.elance.com
Strategic Power Office with Supplier Automation
<http://www.businessesnetwork.com/automation/viewforum.php?f=93>
Specialtymarket.com <http://www.specialtymarket.com/>

Systems Integrator-- Glad to Assist

Chat  Y! messenger: bjfr33man
Linkedin

ScottA sent the following on 4/30/2010 8:45 AM: