Hi Jeremiah:
I use the subscription portion of the data model to handle product subscriptions for my OFBiz store and delivery website. Currently all my products are sold as subscriptions - even though it may not be intuitively obvious. This is how it works at a really hight level: When I receive payment for a product I write a record for the user (partyId) in the Subscription entity. This record has a foreign key to a record in the SubscriptionResource entity that defines the product that is the basis for the subscription.

So, I guess the answer to your question is: It depends on what you want to do. The data model has everything I need to implement my subscription service. The user interface to set things up and support user subscription renewals is lacking in 9.04 and previous releases.

Regards,
Ruth Hoffman

Jeremiah Christensen wrote:
Our company provides a paid subscription service. I've not taken a close look
at the subscription support in OFBiz yet, but was wondering if anyone has
implemented it and if so what your thoughts are about it.

Best Regards,

Jeremiah Christensen