Le 23/02/2012 17:05, Jacopo Cappellato a écrit :
Good day everyone,

I would love to know from the persons that are using the seleniumxml
integration available in framework/testools their opinion about this tools;
specifically I am interested to know:

1) how you use it (settings, platform, browser) and if it is functional and
useful
2) the advantages you see in using this OFBiz specific integration rather than
using the standard Selenium tools
** do you find it easier to setup this component rather than the standard
Selenium?
** is it easier to write tests in the custom xml syntax provided by
seleniumxml? or do you rather create them (as suggested by the documentation in
framework/testools) using one of the standard browser plugins available for
Selenium and then convert to xml using the custom script in OFBiz?
3) are you willing to contribute the tests you are using? are they generic
enough to be contributed back to the project?

I am asking #1 and #2 because I feel that we could replace all the custom code
we have for seleniumxml (and required jar files) with a good document that
explains how to setup Selenium (no special integration is actually required for
ofbiz) and then, instead of writing/maintaining test scripts in this custom xml
formal, we could simply accept and commit standard selenium test scripts (in my
opinion users will be facilitated to contribute them without the need to learn
a new syntax); we could also provide an ant script to run all of them. In this
way we could also use a more recent version of Selenium (web driver).

Thanks for your time,

Jacopo

Hi Jacopo,

while I've been working seleniumXml code, I'm not using it... I find it too complicated to use: need of changing configuration (https), transformation from selenese to seleniumxml, etc... I'm in favor of moving to webdriver, which is a GSoC task I created last year. I hope that this year one student will step in, and work successfully on it.

Here is the specifications I wrote last year, which still can be improved :
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBIZ/Pure+webdriver+implementation

Erwan de FERRIERES
www.nereide.biz