From: "Al Byers" <bye...@automationgroups.com>
> Sorry Adrian,
>
> Had my mind on too many things and didn't mean to send it to the list. But
> then, a dose of "open mike" might be refreshing. I know that there are some
> great developers on OFBiz, but sometimes things get too large to refactor
> and a fresh start is better.

This was already discussed indeed. This option is still open. On the other
hand, after more than a decade, I believe OFBiz is even better.
For almost 3 years now we are less including new features and more fixing what
exists.
Notably in the framewors itself, where a replacement by Moqui makes more sense.
We are even removing unused stuff, sometimes too harshly said Skip recently,
nobody's perfect.

> I don't think American car manufacturers were really concerned about
> improving their product until the Japanese came along. And, even then, I
> don't think that they have become competitive except to the extent that
> they have pushed the "reset" button.

In French we say "comparaison n'est pas raison". Don't try to translate with
Google (again lost in translation). But I guess you can get it without.

> It is not reasonable to think that OFBiz will just make the next release on
> Moqui, but it seems like there could be a vanguard interested in making a
> port.

I think nobody is against it. As you say this would be a long, or maybe medium,
term goal.
OFBiz is considered stable now. Replacing the framework with Moqui would
certainly take some time before acquiring the same level of stability

Jacques
PS: thanks Adrian for your defense of the team