Inline
Le 20/02/2014 11:14, Paul Piper a écrit :
Perhaps in order to add my own 2 cents to this debate:

The way I see it, OFbiz is need for the carousel images, although they
should be updated. Rereading the content, i noticed that the information do
not really stand for much, and though they are eye-pleasing I highly doubt
that they are being read. What we would need is a set of actual messages we
want to stand for. Topics could be:

1. Open Source - Strong Community
2. Full Business Solution
3. Flexible ERP Framework
4. Feature-Rich eCommerce used by many

The images and messages should add to that. Currently, there is only
eCommerce stores represented, though by the above topics only 1 of them
should even feature stores (or brand-logos to give more the feel of the 250+
implementation we currently got). The others should rather feature a source
code sample (open-source),  versatile business applications and how easily
one can connect OFBiz with other systems.

This sounds like a start for a brainstorming about what should be in this carousel...

Jacques

-----
As far as the contributors debate is concerned: I must say that I have a
growing disdain of the current use of the phrases "Commiters" "Contributors"
and "PMC Member". Especially in the world of Apache, I am used to having a
flexible leadership and group-effort. Over the years, I have learned,
however that the OFbiz community works alot different from it. I think I can
say that my team and I have added quite a bit of value to the project, by
being involved in the ml, representing OFBiz at the Apache-Con, writing
articles to magazines, contributing software code (Solr component, Seo
enhancements, CMS integration sample, Axis2 implementation etc.), though we
are stuck being in the "contributors" list. I am not down-talking the
achivements of others, but one has to admit that the use of the phrases is
rather random. Other huge contributors seem to share a similar fate.

The reason i am bringing it up here, is because the ml has the tendency to
downtalk the contributions of others, contributions that the community is in
desperate need for. Anything contributed is an investment by the individual,
no matter in which form (even discussions on the ml add to it in my
perspective) and the current selection of "rank" over actual contribution is
a state that i find deeply disturbing and worrisome.