Thanks for the clarification Pierre,

I agree that the inventory declaration form logic should prevent materials from being created as "by-product" inventory items. The question is how to properly define "by-product". In Jacopo's pizza scenario, the tortilla technically represents a finished good (though different than the PRun good). But I think you are saying that the form should only be used for stocking-in degradated by-products such as processed-dough. If so I agree with you. Otherwise it seems as though the declaration form would need to incorporate logic to check that there is enough left over dough to actually make the tortilla. But that still seems incorrect since the production run tasks to produce the tortilla aren't being captured. Therefore it seems more correct to return/stock-in the dough as materials with a lotId and then issue/stock-out that lotId for a separate production run to create the tortilla.

Also, the inventory declaration form allows the production run finished good to be produced which seems to violate the same rule as the materials mentioned above. I think the "Production Run Declaration And Produce" forms above should be used instead for stocking-in finished goods. I think the service that handles that form always sets the last task as the one that produced the PRun finished good. Based on that logic, can we agree that the last task should be the only one capable of producing the finished good and therefore prevent the PRun finished good from being declared using the inventory by-product declaration form?