Jacques,

Thank you for sharing your views and position.

I agree with you that, while ample tools are available to community members
in projects under the ASF umbrella - such as: Barcamps, ApacheCons, skype
calls and teleconferences - to exchange viewpoints and to discuss topics,
the outcome of these real and virtual meetings must be shared through ML of
the project to hold merit in the community.
Indeed, this is one of the principles of the ASF. And the reasoning behind
is simple: if not persisted through the ML of the project it isn't shared
with all its community members. And follow-up can not be established.

But not everybody is not as good in putting words down on paper and email.
Some are better in expressing themselves verbally. These community members
may share their viewpoints too and this teleconference is also a tool to
enable them too.
I have invited everybody participating in this project through all
available mailing lists to ensure that everybody in the OFBiz community has
been reached.

So you can rest assured that discussions will be within the complete OFBiz
community.

I am somewhat puzzled that you feel that holding an open discussion on the
functioning of the project and its future is an initiative against the PMC.
Are PMC members first and foremost not also community members? And as
community members may they not also share their viewpoints in discussions
in the community in other means than the ML?

If you or some of your peers (in both PMC and committers group) feel that
participating in an open discussion on topics as the functioning and future
of OFBiz is an initiative against the institute of the PMC of a project
then you and they should speak up.

You mentioned sides. I say we are one community.

Regards,

Pierre Smits

*ORRTIZ.COM <http://www.orrtiz.com>*
Services & Solutions for Cloud-