In order to encourage the participation of the community into the development
of OFBiz and specifically in the resolution of tickets filed in Jira, I would
like to try this experiment.

From time to time I will review a series of tickets, select the ones that look
not too complex, actionable but still need some work, I will do a preliminary
research and study and will provide some directions/hints for a resolution;
then I will send an email (this email) with the list of tickets, looking for
volunteers to try to fix them.
If you want to give it a try, just assign the ticket to yourself and start
playing with it. I will then take care of reviewing the work and committing it
to the official repository (of course recognizing merit to the author in the
commit log).

If the experiment will work other committers may want to do the same in order
to process more tickets from our backlog.

Here is the first batch of tasks that I have reviewed:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-5589 (see my analysis in the
comment, create a patch with the suggested enhancements)
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-5590 (try to get some more info
from the reporter and then probably resolve as "not a problem")
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-5551 (get more information from the
reporter - see my questions - and try to recreate the issue gathering more
details)
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-5543 (see my comments: the bug has
been reported in 11.04; it works in the trunk; try to recreate in 11.04 and
then identify the oldest branch where it works and try to backport the fix)
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-5559 (the patch available should be
good for the trunk but it would be great to have a deeper review before its
committed)
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-5555 (recreate the error, review
and test the patch, convert it from git to svn patch)
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-5553 (review and test the patch
that converts an ftl into widgets; is the new version functionally equivalent?
is the code well formatted and written?)

Thanks in advance,

Jacopo