Thanks Mike, I was seeing similar behavior with Derby so I was thinking that
the issue was database agnostic, but I will run pgTune on my instance to see
what sorts of settings I can experiment with.

That's good to hear Jacopo, I'm available to do some testing, just let me
know how I can help. The next place I was going to investigate was the fact
that I'm using a configurable good vs. a finished good in my orders. In your
testing, has this variable been a factor in producing the issue?

Thanks again,
Darrell