On Oct 2, 2014, at 5:13 PM, Jacopo Cappellato
<jacopo.cappell...@hotwaxmedia.com> wrote:

> The good news is that yesterday I faced (running a JMeter load test on order
> creation) a Java deadlock, caused by FOP, and I was able to fix it (this can
> happen, under unlucky timing, when two OFBiz threads generate two order
> confirmation emails): if you see that you system hangs you can get a Java
> thread dump (let me know if you don't know how to get it) and this should
> tell you if you are having such a deadlock; for this issue I have a fix (I
> have patched the fop1.1 distribution) and I can send you the jar file if you
> want to give it a try (however fop1.1. works only for the 13.07 and the
> trunk, if my memory serves).

A small update on the deadlock issue that can happen in Freemarker; the fix
that I have proposed to the FOP community has been committed to the FOP trunk:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FOP-2157

This fix will be included in the next FOP release (2.0): unfortunately the
release date is still not set but in the meantime you can apply the patches
included in the Jira ticket and build a FOP jar locally.

Jacopo