Apologies for reviving such an old thread, but I've been monitoring one of my
systems, and have some new information on this...

Thanks for that Jacopo, I read the issue you posted in the FOP JIRA, and my
thread dump doesn't appear to show any indications of FOP being an issue.

However, I was doing some more thorough checking of my thread dump taken the
last time a similar type of issue occurred in my system. Using the
PostgreSQL monitoring tool, I can see multiple transactions waiting for the
ProductCalculatedInfo table with one connection in "idle in transaction"
state.

Thread dump confirms that they are all waiting during order creation, when
the "countProductQuantityOrdered" service is called and is trying to perform
the update.

A quick search showed this JIRA issue:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-5065 which indicates that the
poster experienced deadlock on ProductCalculatedInfo when invoking the
'storeOrder' service. Workaround is said to be to add
"require-new-transaction=true" to the service definition. I noticed that
this service is there in 13.07 (with same definition as in 12.04), but the
service does not appear to exist in the trunk version of ofbiz. Because the
issue presents itself seemingly randomly (no issue for 2 weeks, or sometimes
only a day) my thought was that it could be a timing issue of some sort.

I wanted to get a sense of whether or not anyone other than the reporter has
run into this issue, and if it was able to be solved other than to use the
posted workaround -- as, from my understanding, creating a new transaction
runs the risk of incorrect product counts (i.e. higher than actual) should
the parent transaction be rolled back for some reason after the new
transaction is committed. I'll defer to you folks for confirmation on this
however.

Thanks!
Darrell