Hi Sharan,

The big difference between png/jpg/gif and vectorial file is the vectorial is not a binary file. Vector file is not a picture, It's a xml file that describe how to draw the picture. Then you can change the scale, the picture will always be good unlike the binary file.

Basically Svg file is lighter than binary and with a good resolution.

The other point I like, it's easier to use svg in another file unlike a binary that you must have in the same working resolution.

I hope you catch the advantages :)

Julien.