Hi Peter, good news there are 2 teams in Chile with the same requirements.

But in our case we have already running electronic invoices: we implemented
a solution were we connected our existing ERP (based on Cobol running on
AS400) with a commercial solution: Acepta. The implementation process alone
took us 3 months, and now we have three running components:
1) our ERP
2) a "mediation" module that connects our ERP and Acepta module, written in
java + rails for web interface
3) Acepta module, which connects with their servers and finally with SII and
other electronic customers/suppliers.

So, the hardest part, implementing the "electronic exchange" is being done
by Acepta. We control the IDs though.

We plan on implementing a similar scenario, replacing the AS400 ERP with
ofbiz, and use our existing mediation module to connect with Acepta module.
Afterwards we plan to migrate this mediation module inside Ofbiz, and
generate our own SII connection module at the end.

So for now, we just want Ofbiz to work as a standar ERP, without having to
deal with electronic exchange inside of it.

Btw, I am really familiarized with the SII documentation, I have been
working with it for the past year.

Thanks for your insights.
Bests,
Gabriel