Hi,

maybe it would be a good idea to adopt the Mysql Wiki:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBIZ/How+to+migrate+OFBiz+from+Derby+to+MySQL+database

entity.properties:
change character-set="latin1" to character-set="utf8"
change collate="latin1_general_cs" to "utf8_general_ci"
change jdbc-uri="jdbc:mysql://127.0.0.1/ofbiz?autoReconnect=true" to
jdbc-uri="jdbc:mysql://127.0.0.1/ofbiz?autoReconnect=true
;characterEncoding=UTF-8"

mysql.conf
[client]
default-character-set=utf8
[mysql]
default-character-set=utf8
[mysqld]
collation-server = utf8_unicode_ci
init-connect='SET NAMES utf8'
character-set-server = utf8

Mysql Version: > 5.6.4 (supports datetime milliseconds)

Best regards,
Ingo