Hi Tim,

In my time with OFBiz, I have discovered that if something seems to be
missing, it's probably slightly more complicated than I imagined, rather
than being absent altogether.

In Add Product Supplier, there is a pick list, but it's looking for parties
that have a role of SUPPLIER -
https://github.com/apache/ofbiz/blob/trunk/applications/product/widget/catalog/ProductForms.xml#L891

OTH_ea is the ID for a measure, an internal thing. "Other" is a measure
category to separate measures for undimensional numbers from weight, time
and so on. There is an abbreviation attribute of plain "ea", just as you
want -
https://github.com/apache/ofbiz/blob/trunk/framework/common/data/UnitData.xml#L322

The demo OFBiz application is intended to show off the capabilities of the
OFBiz framework, and will almost certainly be customised for a serious use.
If the ea is important for you, you can pretty up presentation of measures
for your own work. There are numerous places in the demo where I would
welcome enhancements like this. I still work with OFBiz because the
underlying framework is well-designed and has very broad capabilities. As
an OFBiz contributor, I am more interested in improving the framework and
less the demo application, and I suspect I'm not alone in this. So the demo
may be somewhat messy and incomplete.

Cheers

Paul Foxworthy

--