I like your approach, and my recommendation is to try and stick with
the existing model. The combination between products, parties, stores
and roles should be robust for your needs. However, I think you will
probably need some custom logic around the processing of buyers and
sellers since you're developing an exchange kind of market.

I think maybe your custom logic is going to cover mostly the code
_before_ a transaction happens between buyers and sellers. Maybe you
can use the "opportunity" or "quote" or "requirement" entity to drive
the follow up until a deal is closed at which time you trigger maybe
an order which drives everything else. It depends on how you're
exactly designing your system.