Hi Shane,

Thank you for exploring and using OFbiz as your business solution, and
welcome to the project!

The project component might be quite suitable to facilitate the processes
in your organisation. However, I can image that the workload of your
organisation consists of 'cases', and therefore a 'case' would be the
project (and thus the case ID the projectId), and all the parties involved
(included the defendant) would be associated to that project or case.
Moving forward from there, the case workers (as you listed, and associated
to the case/project) could add documents (and time-entries, if that is
required) to the project.

Best regards,

Pierre Smits

*Apache OFBiz <https://ofbiz.apache.org>, contributor (without privileges)