Hi Shane,

I prefer to create a new component to fit my specifications instead of modifying the ootb component.

Why ? Because if you modify the ootb component, it will be harder to upgrade the OFBiz version. You'll probably have some source code conflict and each time you'll want to upgrade OFBiz, you'll have to manage it.

By creating a new plugin, you avoid this kind of problem. You can just create a new plugin that the controller include the Project controller, copy the screen.xml and you have another Project component. Identical.

When you implement specificities, you can replace screens and forms without modifying ootb component. And you can also use all ootb Project services, screen, form, etc. already done for your business.

This is the way I prefer to do

HTH

Julien.