There was another recent (more technical) discussion about different
clustering modes/questions on this mailing list that might be worth reading:
https://markmail.org/message/w55hh7ri2tmtlnvt

Especially also around the performance testing aspect
and measuring capacity limits. As well as how to optimise the
hardware/network usage when demand scales up.

Thanks
Sebastian

Sebastian Wagner
Director Arrakeen Solutions, OM-Hosting.com
http://arrakeen-solutions.co.nz/
https://om-hosting.com - Cloud & Server Hosting for HTML5
Video-Conferencing OpenMeetings
<https://www.youracclaim.com/badges/da4e8828-743d-4968-af6f-49033f10d60a/public_url>