I am also using Phoenix in production and have been now for roughly 6 months.
We adopted Phoenix for most of the same reasons Anil mentions.

We are connection to a secure cluster without issue. We have also implemented
our own storm persistence bolt, and a lookup bolt that are reading and writing
to our Phoenix/Hbase cluster.

I have still had problems getting a secure connection from client tools for
adhoc analysis other than sqlline. Still fighting though connections from
SquirrelSQL, although I haven't dedicated a whole lot of time trying to figure
it out.

Thanks
Justin

Sent from my iPhone