We have been using Phoenix 2.2.3 in production for about a year and I agree
with the previous comments.

- Mainly a storage for temporal OLAP-like data in single tables without
secondary indexes.
- Data ingested via pig on hourly basis.
- Heavy usage of composite primary keys using skip-scans whenever possible.
- Use salting.
- Jooq's MySQL dialect works quite well with Phoenix.
- The only real downtime we had was when we mistakenly connected to Phoenix
using a newer client which automatically upgraded the cluster. The forced
us to upgrade all region servers with new phoenix jar files.
- We are going to upgrade to Phoenix 3.0 sometime soon.

All and all happy with Phoenix. Just make sure to read the documentation
and follow advice found on http://phoenix.apache.org and you'll be fine.

Cheers,
-Kristoffer