Hi,

Glad to share our experience of using Phoenix in Production. I believe that
Siddharth had done
sufficient tests and practices about Phoenix performance. Here are some tips
about how we are using
Phoenix for our projects:
1. We facilitate Phoenix to give convinience for both RD and QA engineers, as
they are glad to use
standard sql to operate hbase with no much loss of query performance.
2. In Production environment, we mainly integrate Apache Spark with Phoenix to
optimize data loading to
Phoenix tables with or withour secondary indexes. Glad that current performance
of writing had worked
smoothly with both compared to previously used MySQL InfoBright and other sql
schema. We both had tested
a lot for secondary indexes and query optimization for Phoenix before moving
Phoenix to Production
environment. Now we can get most of the features worked for Phoenix in our job.
3. Challenges had a lot too, such as bulkload performance with wal enabled,
query optimization, statistical data collection with Phoenix
full table scan, and so on. However, we believe Phoenix be a sufficient schema
for sql query over HBase and we are glad
that even more our projects are considering using Phoenix.

Thanks,
Sun.

CertusNet