I'm assuming the answer to this question is "No" but I wanted to make sure
before I embarked on creating my own functionality.

Is there any way to say:

1) Can I put value x into cell c without violating any data validations the
cell has? e.g.

c.setCellValueWithValidation(v); //only replaces value if v conforms,
otherwise error

2) Does value x conform to specific data validation v? e.g.

v.valueConforms(x); //true if it would be okay to put this value in, false
otherwise

3) Or anything similar like this?

As I say, I'm guessing not since POI seems to be geared toward =creating=
Excel workbooks and thisi s more about =interpreting= Excel workbooks.

--

*Blake Watson*

*PNMAC*
Application Development Manager