Nick--

Thanks!

Arrays.asList(
>    DataValidationEvaluator.getValidationForCell(ref).
>         getValidationConstraint().getExplicitListValues()
> ).contains(value)
>
> should get you almost all the way there, I think?

​I think you may be overestimating getExplicitListValues(). =) It handles
one precise situation: When the Excel creator has typed in a list. If he's
referencing a list by range or name, getExplicitListValues doesn't handle
it. If he's referencing a list by range, and the range isn't on the same
page, it's not even parsed out of the XML!

I have handlings for lists, however, and now I want to handle cases where
the constraints are: whole/decimal/date <,<=,=,=>,> or between one or more
other values (which may, themselves, be literal, cell references or other
formulae).

​===Blake===​