On Thu, 16 Mar 2017, Blake Watson wrote:
Arrays.asList(
   DataValidationEvaluator.getValidationForCell(ref).
        getValidationConstraint().getExplicitListValues()
).contains(value)

should get you almost all the way there, I think?

​I think you may be overestimating getExplicitListValues(). =) It handles
one precise situation: When the Excel creator has typed in a list. If he's
referencing a list by range or name, getExplicitListValues doesn't handle
it. If he's referencing a list by range, and the range isn't on the same
page, it's not even parsed out of the XML!

Hmm, sounds like we need an extra method on DataValidationEvaluator or similar class to handle all these other cases then!

Nick