Hi All

        I have configured Ranger on Hadoop 2.6.0 and Hive 0.14 and set up
users and policies.

        When i try to test the scenario using the ODBC i got exception as

Driver Version: V1.1.0.0

Running connectivity tests...

Attempting connection
Failed to establish connection
SQLSTATE: HY000[Microsoft][HiveODBC] (68) Error returned trying to set
default as the initial database: Error while compiling statement: FAILED:
HiveAccessControlException Permission denied: user [ami] does not have
[USE] privilege on [default]; Also tried quoting the database name
`default` but the query failed with the following error: Error while
compiling statement: FAILED: HiveAccessControlException Permission denied:
user [ami] does not have [USE] privilege on [default]

TESTS COMPLETED WITH ERROR.

It clearly states that the user doesn't have privilege for USE command in
hive. While configuring user permission i can able to see different
permissions like select,update,create,drop etc., but not USE.

Kindly point me in direction where am missing.

*RegardsMuthupandi.K*

 Think before you print.