From: Richard Eggert [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, March 26, 2007 11:37 PM
To: user@shale.apache.org
Subject: Tomahawk's enabledOnUserRole attribute and Clay

Perhaps I'm overlooking something here, but from the testing I did this
afternoon, it appears that the "enabledOnUserRole" attribute provided with most
of Tomahawk's components doesn't work at all in Clay HTML templates.  However,
it does work properly when I use straight JSP/JSF without Clay (at least most
of the time, anyway; t:commandButton seems to have issues with it).

I have an HTML template that contains an element that looks something like the
following:

<input
   type="checkbox"
   jsfid="t:selectBooleanCheckbox"
   value="#{mybean.myflag}"
   enabledOnUserRole="myrole"
/>

When I view the page while logged in as a user that does not have the "myrole"
role, the checkbox is still enabled, and I can use it to toggle the
corresponding flag in the underlying bean.  Thinking that it might be a problem
with the implicit mapping of the <input> element, I tried changing the HTML
element to just a <span> tag (with attributes set as above, minus the
type="checkbox" part), to no avail.

I also tried setting enabledOnUserRole for a textarea, and it didn't work
correctly there, either.

visibleOnUserRole seems to work just fine, though.

Any ideas on this, or should I post it to JIRA?

For reference, I'm using MyFaces 1.1.4, Tomahawk 1.1.3, and Shale 1.0.4.

Rich Eggert
Member of Technical Staff
Proteus Technologies, LLC
http://www.proteus-technologies.com

entity to whom it is addressed. Please also be aware that the DnB NOR Group
cannot accept any payment orders or other legally binding correspondence with
customers as a part of an email.

This email message has been virus checked by the anti virus programs used
in the DnB NOR Group.