>From: Torsten Krah [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
>Question about the chain configuration.
>
>How can i support more than one inputSuggestAjax inputs - the
>PropertyListenerCommand does have static mappings.

You could also look at the componentType of the owning component def.

if (displayElement.getComponentType().equals("com.acme.SomeComponent")) {

} else ....

>Changing the method signature will result in an error. Is there a clean
>way to support more than one instance with different method signatures?

Sorry, I don't understand you question.  Do you want to overload a
method binding event on a component?  I don't think JSF is built for
that anyway.  You couldn't build a JSP Tag to support two
identical properties.  You could give them different logical names
and fixup the binding under the covers.

>Torsten

Gary
--- Begin Message ---
--- Begin Message ---

Am Dienstag, den 08.05.2007, 14:46 +0000 schrieb Gary VanMatre:
> >From: "Erik Govaers" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> >
> > Hello,
> >
> > I’m trying my hand at a very simple example based on the
> > example at http://www.irian.at/myfaces-sandbox/inputSuggestAjax.jsf. I get
> > an
> > input field, but when I start typing I get no suggestions since my backing
> > bean
> > ‘suggestedItems’ method is never called. I’m using server-side saving, but
> > switching to client-side makes no difference. I’ve looked at a lot of the
> > inputSuggestAjax related issues in the mailing lists, but found no solution
> > yet.
> > My guess is that is has either something to do with the fact that I'm using
> > MyFaces 1.1.3 or with the fact that the Shale/Clay ValidatorInputRenderer
> > is
> > overwriting the InputSuggestAjax Renderer (something I noticed just now).
> > If the
> > latter is true, what can I do to prevent this?
> >

> This is an open JIRA ticket [1].  We need to find a configurable option for
> specifying components in the "javax.faces.Input" family that should be
> excluded from the commons validator renderer decorator.
>
> This looks like a cool component. You might try a workaround.  This is a
> *complete hack* but I think it should solve this problem.  The trick would be
> to change the component family and rendererType.
>

> [1] https://issues.apache.org/struts/browse/SHALE-442
>
> Consider:
>

> // subclass the component overriding the family and renderer type.
> package com.acme.InputSuggestAjax
> public class InputSuggestAjax extends
> org.apache.myfaces.custom.suggestajax.inputsuggestajax.InputSuggestAjax {
>    public InputSuggestAjax() {
>       setRendererType("com.acme.InputSuggestAjax")
>    }
>    public String getFamily() {
>        return "com.acme.Input";
>    }
>

> }
>
> // register the subclassed component in the /WEB-INF/faces-config.xml
>
>   <component>
>     <component-type>com.acme.InputSuggestAjax</component-type>
>     <component-class>com.acme.InputSuggestAjax</component-class>
>   </component>
>  <render-kit>
>     <renderer>
>       <component-family>com.acme.Input</component-family>
>       <renderer-type>com.acme.InputSuggestAjax</renderer-type>
>
> <renderer-class>org.apache.myfaces.custom.suggestajax.inputsuggestajax.InputSuggestAjaxRenderer</renderer-class>
>     </renderer>
>   </render-kit>
>

> Depending on if you are using JSP, Clay or Facelets you will need some
> additional setup.
>

> Gary

--- End Message ---

--- End Message ---