Antonio, I have tested the patch suggested by Matt Hughes at
http://issues.apache.org/struts/browse/SHALE-409.

Great!  First, please come join us on the development list.  We
generally keep the user list for discussion about using released
versions.  You can find subscription info here, or you can post
through the Nabble forum interface:
http://shale.apache.org/mail-lists.html

What we need is a "svn diff" of your changes against the latest Shale
code.  That's the quickest way for the developers to review and apply
changes contributed by the community.

Assuming you have the Shale 1.0.x branch checked out and have made
changes to it locally, execute "svn diff > SHALE-409.patch" and attach
the patch file to the issue.

Thanks,
--
Wendy