From: Rahul Akolkar [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 30 maggio 2007 18.20
To: user@shale.apache.org
Subject: Re: No onException called

On 5/30/07, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi, I have configure a my dialogContextListener but If I receive the
> onEntry method call back (for example) but I don't receive any
> onException in case I call a transition not setted in dialog config
> file. In the log I found:

<snip/>

The DialogContextListeners are notified on certain type of application
errors such as:

 * Exception while executing the method binding expression associated
with an action state
 * Exception while trying to instantiate dialog data

but are not notified on exceptions that have to do with either the
completeness of the dialog's "model" (such as the case here, an
unknown transition) or dialog lifecycle error conditions.

I suspect it might have to do with the latter being perceived as
fatal. Craig will know.

-Rahul

> [30/05/07 15.39.09:854 CEST] 00000029 ActionListene E
> it.accenture.web.myfaces.application.ActionListenerImpl processAction
> error
>
>                                  java.lang.IllegalStateException:
Cannot
> find transition 'Show Dati Generali' for state 'Dati Generali' of
dialog
> 'prpcoll'
>
>       at

org.apache.shale.dialog.basic.BasicDialogContext.transition(BasicDialogC
> ontext.java)
>
>       at

org.apache.shale.dialog.basic.BasicDialogContext.advance(BasicDialogCont
> ext.java:381)
>
>       at

org.apache.shale.dialog.faces.DialogNavigationHandler.handleNavigation(D
> ialogNavigationHandler.java:138)
>
>       at

org.apache.myfaces.application.ActionListenerImpl.processAction(ActionLi
> stenerImpl.java:82)
>
>       at

it.accenture.web.myfaces.application.ActionListenerImpl.processAction(Ac
> tionListenerImpl.java:67)
>
>       at javax.faces.component.UICommand.broadcast(UICommand.java:109)
>
>       at

org.apache.myfaces.custom.navmenu.htmlnavmenu.HtmlCommandNavigationItem.
> broadcast(HtmlCommandNavigationItem.java:291)
>
>       at

javax.faces.component.UIViewRoot._broadcastForPhase(UIViewRoot.java:97)

>       at
> javax.faces.component.UIViewRoot.processDecodes(UIViewRoot.java:139)
>
>       at

org.apache.shale.view.faces.ShaleViewRoot.processDecodes(ShaleViewRoot.j
> ava:55)
>
>       at

org.apache.myfaces.lifecycle.ApplyRequestValuesExecutor.execute(ApplyReq
> uestValuesExecutor.java:32)
>
>       at

org.apache.myfaces.lifecycle.LifecycleImpl.executePhase(LifecycleImpl.ja
> va:95)
>
>       at

org.apache.myfaces.lifecycle.LifecycleImpl.execute(LifecycleImpl.java:70
> )
>
>       at
javax.faces.webapp.FacesServlet.service(FacesServlet.java:139)

> Can you help me please?
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Mario Buonopane

proprietary, or otherwise private information.  If you have received it in
error, please notify the sender immediately and delete the original.  Any other
use of the email by you is prohibited.