From: Lionel Port <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: user@shale.apache.org
Sent: Tuesday, July 17, 2007 11:12:27 PM
Subject: Re: Integrating Shale with Facelets

I've an test app working with shale and facelets. I don't think there is
anything specific that needs to be done for shale. The dependencies I have
are.

        <dependency>
            <groupId>com.sun.facelets</groupId>
            <artifactId>jsf-facelets</artifactId>
            <version>1.1.11</version>
        </dependency>

        <dependency>
            <groupId>javax.el</groupId>
            <artifactId>el-api</artifactId>
            <version>1.0</version>
        </dependency>

        <dependency>
            <groupId>el-impl</groupId>
            <artifactId>el-impl</artifactId>
            <version>1.0</version>
        </dependency>

On 7/18/07, Érico Teixeira <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi
>
> I'm trying to create a
> project using Maven, Shale, Facelets and MyFaces
>
> I added the folowing dependency im my POM :
>
>         <dependency>
>             <groupId>com.sun.facelets</groupId>
>             <artifactId>jsf-facelets</artifactId>
>             <version>1.1.11</version>
>         </dependency>
>
>     <dependency>
>             <groupId>commons-el</groupId>
>
>          <artifactId>commons-el</artifactId>
>             <version>1.0</version>
>         </dependency>
>
> In my POM the Shale version is 1.0.4 and MyFaces is 1.1.5
>
> I configured aplplication FacesConfig with :
> <application>
> <view-handler>
>           com.sun.facelets.FaceletViewHandler
>         </view-handler>
>     </application>
>
> In my deployment descriptor I have :
> <welcome-file-list>
>         <welcome-file>index.jsp</welcome-file>
>     </welcome-file-list>
>
> And the code in index.jsp :
> <jsp:forward page="home.jsf" />
>
> I have my first xhtml file named
> home.xhtml
>
> When I compile and deploy my app through maven everything runs fine
>
> Then when I access my context through http://localhost:8080/myApp this
> should redirect to home.xhtml but I receive the following error :
>
> com.sun.facelets.FaceletException: Could not instantiate feature[
> compiler.ExpressionFactory]: com.sun.el.ExpressionFactoryImpl
>
> and in the component tree message shows :
>
> <ShaleViewRoot locale="pt_BR" renderKitId="HTML_BASIC" rendered="true"
> transient="false" viewId="/home.xhtml"/>
>
> I don't know if I have to change my dependecies from commons to RI and I
> have searched throught the web for de EL dependency from sun but until now I
> got nothing...
>
> I'm not sure what is the cause of the problem yet....

> Boardwalk for $500? In 2007? Ha! Play Monopoly Here and Now (it's updated
> for today's economy) at Yahoo! Games.

that gives answers, not web links.