Hi,

I'm quite new to world of IBM Websphere MQ and need advise on one of the
Integration scenario.

In this scenario, we need to integrate MQ with Apache Storm, We need to
read the MQ in Apache Storm spout so that message can be processed in bolt.

Has anybody worked on this integration and is able to successfully receive
the messages from IBM MQ into Storm for processing ? If yes can some
pointers be provided on how to achieve it ?

I understand from the various mailing lists and the blog pages from
hortwonworks that that IBM MQ does not support the integration with Apache
Storm. It states following reasons for the same.

"We ran into issues with IBM MQ-Series with respect to how messages
are acknowledged by IBM
MQ. IBM-MQ requires the thread that receives the message be the same
thread that acks it.
Storm's framework cannot support this requirement, as the receiving
and acking thread by
design are different threads to achieve higher throughput.

However when I searched further i came to know from the reply of Nathan
Marz that

That's not accurate. A spout task's nextTuple, ack, and fail methods
are all called by the
exact same thread. You're confusing Storm acks with acks that go back
to the source message
queue. Storm acks are about detecting tuple DAG completion and have
nothing to do with the
ack to the source message queue

 Are there any guidelines available to achieve the integration of IBM MQ
and Apache Storm  ?

Thanks and Regards,

Sameer