Mike,

Thanks so much. This solution works if my classes are in a directory (like
WEB-INF/classes), but not if my classes are in a JAR file (like WEB-INF/lib/myJar.jar).

Here's the Exception:(i shortened it with "..."s).

java.io.FileNotFoundException:
file:/.../jakarta-tomcat-5.0.18/webapps/myApp/WEB-INF/lib/myJar.jar!/com/mycompany/resource/gif/logo.gif
 (No such file or directory)

The file is actually there, but it can't find it. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,
Bob

mike <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
For my part, this is a big bugaboo that continually causes problems in all
sorts of ways for programs that access resources with relative and absolute
URLs. I just decided, except for Applets, to deliver all resources via my
own action classes and to use a "protocol" to do it. I now have none of
these problems. If you want a general solution so that you never have to
worry about these things again, as people have to almost every day on this
list, then go to:

http://wiki.apache.org/struts/StrutsCatalogEschewUrlForProtocol

Mike