Map it to a different actionMapping and set validate="fasle";
ie the submit and back button should have a different actionmapping

Satish

-----Original Message-----
From: Sebastian Ho [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, August 17, 2004 1:14 PM
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: Disable validate in actionForm

hi

I have an validate method in my actionform and everything works fine. I
added a 'Back' button in my webpage, and therefore validation is not
necessary if the 'Back' button is clicked. Validation should occurs only
if 'Next' is selected.

How do I stop struts from calling validate() is 'Back' is selected?

Note : Both buttons are in the same form.

Thanks

Sebastian