On Tue, 17 Aug 2004, Sebastian Ho wrote:

> I have an validate method in my actionform and everything works fine. I
> added a 'Back' button in my webpage, and therefore validation is not
> necessary if the 'Back' button is clicked. Validation should occurs only
> if 'Next' is selected.
>
> How do I stop struts from calling validate() is 'Back' is selected?
>
> Note : Both buttons are in the same form.

Just add one "if" statement into your validate() method.

e.g.:

        if (this.backButton != null) {
                super.validate (mapping, request); // for validation based on XML
config
                // add your validation here
        }

(it supposes HTML code of your "back" button has defined a "name"
attribute and of course an appropriate property must be defined in
your form bean).

Pavel