On Tue, 17 Aug 2004 13:35 -0400, Victor Grazi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> the problem we are trying to solve is that depending on user entitlements
> and application state, some fields need to either be a drop down or just
> text.

The underlying problem isn't really Struts related ... you're trying
to dynamically create a JSP page and then get it compiled and
executed, and that's not supported by JSP.  Instead, you'll need to
use some other technique.

The most common approach for solving this particular problem is to
surround the conditional fields with something like <logic:equals> (if
using Struts conditional tags) or <c:if> (if using JSTL), and use an
expression that tests whether this particular user should see this
particular field.

Craig