2013/6/22 Litman, Bruno <blit...@alabamainteractive.org>:
> We are also experiencing issues with tags and theme files, we are upgrading
> many applications from 2.3.4.1 to 2.3.14.3
> I am not sure if this is related - if not and if I need to start a new
> discussion please let me know and accept my apology.
>
> 1/
>
> We previously always coded forms as :
>         <s:form action="login" namespace="/">....
> Now randomly, this fails to generate the proper action url in the html (it is
> missing the '.action', which results in a 404 once you post the form)
>
> The only workaround we have found so far is to add the '.action' suffix to
> the s:form's action attribute. Before it was always added for us by struts.
> So now we are having success with
>         <s:form action="login.action" namespace="/">...
>
> Is this expected behavior? Did this change recently? 2.3.4.1 is not so
> ancient..

No, it isn't - mainly a bug - Struts should add suffix for you, you
basically use the same action names as defined in struts.xml. This is
very strange, I have just tested with struts2-blank on Jetty and
suffix was there. Could you share more details about the config?

> 2/
>
> We are trying to replace the "required" attribute in the textfields with
> "requiredLabel" without success. Was the xhtml theme's ftl file
> "controlheader_core" updated to reflect the changes in the struts-tags.tld
> (requiredLabel replaced required)?

You are right, it is bug :\ Please fill an issue

> Also, it seems applications are randomly serving ftl files from other
> applications' theme folders with the same name.
>  This was demonstrated by modifying something obvious in one application's
> ftl file (displaying some text next to a text field's label), and the effect
> can be seen randomly on other applications which shouldn’t even see that
> application's template folder (the themes are however named the same in both
> applications)
> I am only able to make the "requiredLabel" attribute work if placed in a
> <s:param> tag as opposed to being just an attribute of the s:textfield tag,
> but even so it is still not always using the same ftl files (however always
> from similarly named themes placed inside each application)
>
> This is extremely confusing. Is FreeMarker caching files independently of the
> application? Is the app container interfering with caching? (We are using
> Resin 4.0.36)

Hmmm... very strange behaviour, it will be hard to find the source of
the problem. Maybe it is related to new ContainerHolder and how Resin
is managing threads - but I'm not sure :\

Regards
--
Łukasz
+ 48 606 323 122 http://www.lenart.org.pl/