Or you could get fancy and use a hidden frame which pulls the information
from the database (via an Action of course!) in 1) - thus avoiding the
annoying reload.

|         |           Yves Sy          |
|         |           <[EMAIL PROTECTED]|
|         |           m>               |
|         |           09/02/2004 12:32 |
|         |           "Struts Users    |
|         |           Mailing List"    |

  |       cc:
                                    |
  |       Subject:  Re: dynamically change the dropdown list from a database...
                                    |

>------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

There are 2 ways to go about this:

1) use an onchange() handler in your select-A that submits the new
value and retrieves the corresponding values for select-B everytime
there's a change;

2) pre-load all possibilities and use javascript to change the values
of select-B that depends on A. This option is practical only for small
amounts of combinations of data.

I've personally used option 2 before. Check out:
http://www.mattkruse.com/javascript/dynamicoptionlist/source.html

-Regards-
Yves

On Thu, 2 Sep 2004 12:21:06 -0400, Shilpa Nalgonda
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I am having problem dynamically display the dropdown list from database.
>
> There are two dropdown list boxes A and B,
> when the user changes options in dropdown A, the dropdown B should also
> change dynamically from databse.
>
> Both A and B use html select tag.
>
> Dropdown A and B are inside the shipReprt.jsp.
>
> I am trying to submit to the same jsp on change event of dropdown A ..
> It does not work, can anyone plesae suggest.  I am not struts
though...below
> is the code for Dropdown A..
> I have to pass the vendor parameter to dropdown B so that i can query
> database with this parameter...
>
> <select name="vendor" onchange="document.form2.submit();">">
>                 <option value="MERC01" selected>MP BookMaker</option>
>                 <option value="ADOBE01">ADOBE</option>
>  </select> </td>
>
>  <form name="form2" method="post" action="shipReprt.jsp">
>       <% String partner = request.getParameter("vendor");
>         out.println("Size : " + partner);
>       %>
>  </form>

For me to poop on!