Jim Barrows wrote:

I would immediately suspect either the JVM, or the underlying OS and the permissions of. Maybe even the way the security manager is setup on the JVM.

That's the part that's getting me. I'm using JDK versions that are only a "-" dash away from each other. I've got JDK v1.4.2-5 on WinXP and JDK v1.4.2-2 on OpenVMS. I'm looking into the security manager issue to see if there's anything involved there that might prevent JSPs from being compiled when they are located in a subfolder located under "WEB-INF". I'm confident that the underlying O.S. file system permissions are not a factor, though, as the user account that was specifically created to run Apache & Tomcat was explicitly set to be the owner of that entire folder hierarchy and ACLs were added that grant that user full permissions to the folders & files.

The underlying issue appears to be that the login_jsp.java file is not being found and thus the Java compiler ends up throwing a ClassNotFound exception.

-- Chuck Chopp

ChuckChopp (at) rtfmcsi (dot) com http://www.rtfmcsi.com

RTFM Consulting Services Inc.     864 801 2795 voice & voicemail
103 Autumn Hill Road              864 801 2774 fax
Greer, SC  29651

Do not send me unsolicited commercial email.