Hmmm, I thought that you could use Struts just fine even if you did not use Tiles at all?

From: Michael McGrady <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: tiles ForwardAction
Date: Thu, 09 Sep 2004 00:01:26 -0700

McGuire you are a hoot! I did not mean the only way to forward was to forward to a Tiles definition. That would be really stupid and really wrong. Notice I said that this is "the only way you can get to a page"? Building a response is not getting to a page at all so that hardly counts. I know you can build a response. That was not the issue. I am NOT going to let your "Wrong" be right! LOL

Michael

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Sorry I made a mistake. I should have written this way:
---
Wrong, you can ALSO (besides a Tiles definition) forward to a JSP page or
to a servlet (used in StrutsCX) or
to another action or to nothing at all (e.g. if you build the
HttpServletResponse manually).
---
That is, you can build the response without forwarding to another
servlet/JSP/etc.
Notice that the HttoServletResponse is passed through a parameter in the
"execute" method of Action.
Sorry again

Ciao
Antonio Petrelli

Michael McGrady wrote:

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Hello,

is ther any way I can forward to a tile-definition?

That is the only way you can ever get to a page at all in Struts, so

the

answer has to be "Yes".

Wrong, you can forward to a JSP page or to a servlet (used in StrutsCX)

or

to another action or to nothing at all (e.g. if you build the

HttpRequest

manually).
Ciao
Antonio Petrelli

I do suspect that, when you build the HttpServletRequest manually, you

are not doing so with Struts.  Can you please tell me how building an
HttpServletRequest manually is doing it "in Struts"?  Ciao3!

Michael