I guess it depends about what you really want for your
app. Is it just a project? Is it a product? Will it
need maintance? Do you care about best software
engineering? How much time do you have?

My opinion is:
-------> please answer this questions (just came up on
my mind at the moment).
Want a nice archictutred software? Want a maintanable
software? Want to make real use of design patterns?
Want a portable application? Want to work with tons of
best of breed techonologies (free)? Want to be able to
make choices among hundreds of frameworks (web,
validation, testing, persistence, code generation,
etc...)?
If you said YES to all of my last questions => Go for
J2EE!!! Better, go to a java enviroment!