On Mon, 13 Sep 2004 12:08:06 -0400, Brantley Hobbs <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Some platforms don't allow sessions to be available to each machine in a
> cluster, most notably the web "platform" (I use the term loosely) found
> to be in widespread use by a certain large unnamed software company in
> the northwestern U.S.  In that case, using sessions can be an issue.

It's not just our friends up north.

The J2EE specs require that, if simultaneous requests for the same
session are being procesed, they *must* be processed on the same
server instance.  This is required in order to maintain the session
semantics (such as a session attribute set in one of the simultaneous
requests being instantly visible to the other requests for that
session).

This doesn't mean you can never move a session from one server
intsance to another; it only means that you can only do so in between
requests.

Craig