hihi!

but theoretically, isn't it impossible to have more than one request at
any single point in time?

i'm trying to picture simultaneous requests for the same session, but i
can't see it... :p

when you say simultaneous requests for the same session do you mean:
  - the user has logged into the website, and then:
    - press the form submit button inhumanely fast
       OR
    - spawn another browser from original browser and then click on
each browser's submit as fast as possible

is the root of the problem because the user can make requests faster
than the clustered servers can sync to the latest copies of the session
in question?  (assuming true load balancing strategy employed -- ie.
session does not stick to any server instance)

woodchuck