As always, Jim and Craig, you have been a tremendous help in pointing
me in the correct direction.  Your responses definitely do not go
unread.  I have studied, and will continue to review, your comments so
that I can be sure to inject best practices and good engineering into
this system.  Many of my questions as of late have been about rather
"dirty" situations and I am doing my best to clean up the poorly
implemented Java code here.

It actually frustrates me to hear conversations around here about how
.NET is so much easier.  It is no wonder they think that, because much
of the Java is so poorly written even Perl looks better on a bad day.
My hope is to change that because I believe that by understanding how
to correct such problems, a great deal is learned about programming.

Thanks again!

Dan